Some of us who live in the boonies don't have a choice -- a PO Box is mandatory. The nearest spot from my house I could put a mailbox is a 12 mile drive away, and any packages that were delivered would either be stolen or soaked by the time I got down there every few days. Also, Federal Law requires the post office to have real address and phone info (and sometimes driver's license) on file for every PO Box owner. Where it gets sketchy is 'mail drop' stores, where there's a street address, with a suite number added (123 Main st, suite 246) -- those folks don't neccessarily need to be verified.

So, I always make sure to list ALL contact information with everything our business does -- real name, phone number, PO box, website address, email address. the whole schmeer. No complaints yet. I hesitate to list my real street address on anything, because folks invariably send mail to it -- which sometimes gets returned to sender (my street address is in a different town than my PO Box address).

If this sounds like a pain in the butt -- well, with our small town post office, you could send a letter to me addressed only "Danbob, general delivery, Masonville, Colorado" and I'd get it every time! Our postmistress knows everyone by name.

DANBOB