I meant to post this last Saturday night, but when I got home one of the grandkids was at the house for a couple days and my PC time, as well as my personal time, was none existent. But better late than never.

Saturday morning I headed for where Crocus Creek comes into the Cumberland which is about 26 miles below the dam. Arrived there while it was still dark and my truck telling me it was 28 degrees. Very cold for KY this time of year, but I knew the sun would make it all OK in 2 or 3 hours. (AND does anyone know what I did with my fleece lined special order, fly fishing gloves?) Fished until about 3 PM that afternoon and landed 2 rainbows and 1 brown, none of which were over 13 inches. A poor day by anyone's standard for that river.

But the real story is that about 9 AM, when it was all nice and warm, with the sun hitting you in the back like a heating pad, two new guys from Bowling Green (Home of the Vette) strolled down to the river and starting fishing. They might have mentioned something about being kind of new to fly fishing, and something about being the first time at Crocus, etc.

So there I am, wearing out the hinge on my fly box, wearing out my arm (11'-8 wt), my back is already wore out, and I start to hear all this wa-hooing and laughing from these two guys. So I sort of rolled my eyes so they wouldn't know I was trying to sneak a peek, and all I could see were fly rods bent down like you would see on the cover of TU's calendar.

And there's nothing prettier than badly bent fly rods, especially if you're holding one of them, which I wasn't but it was still a pretty sight.

I watched those guys pull in several big Browns that would make a seasoned fly fisher proud.

Got talking with them later and told them I was going to write them up on this web site and gave them the address, and asked them to check this place out. Hope they do and hope they register and join the crowd here.

So "Bill & John from Bowling Green" - did you find this site, and did you see the story? What was the biggest Brown you guys hauled in, 22 or 24? I can't remember what you told the creel survey folks from the KY Fish & Game Dept., who just happened to pull into shore during the time you were pulling in the browns.

I guess I know where they will be on the next available free day. But they better be early if they are going to get ahead of me for rights to that hole.

Tight lines everyone.
Bob T.