+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ?I Have No Idea Why I Bought This Stuff? Swap **One Spot**

Default ?I Have No Idea Why I Bought This Stuff? Swap **One Spot**

Hello, I?m Diane and I?m a fly tying stuff junkie. I have a pretty normal amount of stuff but I swear I don?t remember why I thought I?d use 12 spools of old embossed tinsel, 15 yards of plastic pullchain in 3 sizes, pre-formed foam bodies in grey, four colors of microfibbets (haven?t used one yet), and.. well you get the picture. I?m willing to bet there are more like me out there. This swap requires you to use some material you already bought but have not used and wouldn?t likely use if this swap hadn?t happened to catch your attention. Ebay auctions count as ?bought.? Any style and size of fly goes. Don?t bother to announce your fly but DO announce the material you will use. Limit will be 12 tiers, including me. All tyers are welcome, skill is not a prerequisite. Create 12 of the same fly and send them in with toe tags (at least your name and name of fly), crush-proof container (biggish since if you send in an altoids container you will probably guarantee that someone else will use a 2/0 hook to create a giant fly in the shape of a mouse) , self-addressed envelope with return postage (no metering). YOU MUST BE ON TIME with your flies. If you send them in after the deadline, they?ll be returned to you unopened and the rest of us will be bummed.

To sign up, it?s first come, first served but you have to say what material you?re going to use when you sign up.

Flies due to me by: January 1st
    (yes that?s way in the future but some of you might need the time to dig through your piles of stuff and find the stuff you said you?d be using)

1. Diane - ugly pre-formed foam bodies
    2. white43 - Arizona simi seal RECEIVED
    3. HMD - strange silver tinsel cord RECEIVED
    4. Ridgeliner - gold embroidery thread RECEIVED
    5. YOUR NAME COULD BE HERE
    6. rainbowchaser - kangaroo
    7. Wrangler - Bear Hair Clouser RECEIVED
    8. Danny - elk hair
    9. Betty - it ain't easy being green RECEIVED
    10.rawfish - weird flowy yarn stuff
    11.Joe Valencic - glass beads RECEIVED
    12.REE

Send your flies to:

Diane Maluso
    423 North Albany Street
    Ithaca, NY 14850

We suddenly have a late opening in this swap. If anyone wants in and can get me their flies by Jan 1, c'mon in. First come, first served.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Like I really need to join another swap!!! Yes, I have some of that stuff. Three bags of something called Arizona simi seal. Or something along those lines. If need be, I'll look it up when I get home and edit this thing. I'll make some sort of littl ol' fly out of it. I've needed an excuse for a long, long time. Thanks. JGW

welcome, white43. never heard of the stuff. cool
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

simi seal makes awesome leeches. they're very quick to tie also. even quicker if you've got a dubbing brush twister.

count me in I'm not sure what I will tie just yet give me a few days and I will let you know.
    Tight Lines & Wet Nets

Rick Federation

I would like to join. I will be using gold embroidery thread.

Carp and ridgeliner, welcome to the swap. Carp, just tell me what material you're going to use.

Thanks for joining!

Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane
    crush-proof container (biggish since if you send in an altoids container you will probably guarantee that someone else will use a 2/0 hook to create a giant fly in the shape of a mouse) ,
    LOL isn't that the truth!

I'd like to jump in on this one. Not sure what stuff I'l use to tie the flies yet... I'll have to go through my collection of bags from the flyshop. I have a few that I haven't even looked at since I brought them home after buying things I "just had to have"

Since I am in Canada I can't prepay postage... is an assortment of additional flies for you okay Diane?

You're in, sheties! Good to have you.

Tell you what.. send me one fly that you think a steelie would demolish and I'll cover the return postage for you.

I was given a kangaroo hide a while back and haven't figured out what to do with it yet. I'll hop to it and come up with something using kangaroo for this swap.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

+ Reply to Thread