Ok, I'm fishing this spot that was stocked a little over a week ago and has been fished pretty hard. Last night I'm there all by my self, no body to bother me. The fish are going crazy for something the whole night. For the most part they are just bulging when coming up but some fish are making nice splashes and even coming all the way out of the water.

The only thing in the air that I can see are a pretty good concentration of midges and a few caddis flys so i try every midge pattern in all the sizes and get nothing but a few refusals...using a 6x leader, good drift, everything is right. I had one take but couldn't hang on to the fish.

I continue to try most of my dry flys with no luck.

The only thing i was able to take fish on was a wooley bugger pattern. which i did take a really nice bow on so i was happy.

My question to you guys is what do i do in this situation. The fish were feeding all over the place nostop for the whole time i was there. I'm guessing they were feeding on emergers or something? which being newer to fly fishing i don't have a nice supply yet. It was just frustrating how picky those fish could be. what would use guys have tried