+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A wekend awy - LF

Default A wekend awy - LF

LF,

Thanks for the informative and entertaining article.

Question, ... am I dreaming or are you fishing in your slippers ??

(man, I got to get a spelin cheqer )

[This message has been edited by fcch (edited 10 May 2005).]
    Christopher Chin

Probably a new sponsor getting a " test ride. My arches hurt just looking at the LF standing on those rocks. Can you imagine the pain? Kinda like a "hair shirt"?

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Or, ... She's just trying to make us jealous and fishing a few steps out the back door of the Hotel.

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:429e0]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:429e0]
    Christopher Chin

Those are actually street shoes, VERY popular here in the NW. Probably because they are comfortable. Land's End product. Probably not a great idea on rocks, I did put on different shoes the next couple of days.

You may have noticed, no one is wearing waders in the Rocky Ford photos - no wading allowed.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

LF,

They DO look comfortable, just a bit lacking in ankle support.

Question: No wading allowed ??

Would that be to keep from overcrowding or to protect the habitat ??

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:bd4ec]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:bd4ec]
    Christopher Chin

LF:

Thanks for the excellent run down on the central Washington Fish-In. Sorry I did not make it this year due to a prior committment.
    From the pictures, it looked like some fish were caught, but from your comments, Rocky Ford also lived up to it's
    nickname, "Frustration Creek". Glad to here that it went well and there is a new fly shop in town.

Dr Bob
    Bob Widmaier

My biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell my fly fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

There are places on Rocky with a pebble bottom, but mostly it is mud..and very deep in places. The rules are no wading, no pontoon or belly boats. Fish from shore or go elsewhere.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Nice story, LF. When I saw the fly on the front page it freaked me out, because it was one I had only recently discovered for myself, and thought was a little Colorado secret. "I mean, everyone has extended-body versions of flies, but I bet WE are the only ones who use the extended body AND the parachute," I thought. Oh well, you killed my smugness, but I'm glad you are using the fly. It's been working miracles for me in a size 20 on the Big Thompson river for a couple weeks now.

Best wishes. I'm off to the Smokies this weekend. Wish me luck.

JBW

Okay, what I want is the pattern for that extended body parachute that is on the front page this week (over your article).
    It looks sweet!

Frank Reid

+ Reply to Thread