This is embarrassing. The only reason I even openly admit to doing something so air-headed is the slight hope that my mistake will someday help others by preventing them from doing the same thing. I finished re-finishing my first rod. I planned on using it for a trip up to New York. It was down to the wire, really down to the wire (the wraps show it, trust me).

The last thing I had to do was glue on the reel seat/grip, which I did Monday morning before I left. I got to the stream on Tuesday and put the rod together, and man did it look nice. I was so pumped. I throw the reel on, and what did I notice? In my haste, I forgot to line up the reel seat with the guides. I even though about the need to do this days before I ended up doing it. It looked ridiculous. I couldn't have planned a better 90 degree angle that was formed by the direction of the guides and the reel seat. It was more or less un-fishable. Bummer.

With that said, anyone know if boiling will break down gorilla glue, because that?s about the only solution I see to this problem at this point in time.