Just found this web site and FAOL looks to really have its act together and all the bases covered. It also appears to have a great group as well.

I fish the tail waters of the Cumberland here in KY, and several places in and around my home state of NH, when I can get up there.

Have been reading lots of posts over the last couple of evenings looking for a hint of another fly fisher of the Cumberland without much luck. Probably one out there someplace but wasn't obvious.

When I first moved to KY in the mid 70's, I thought I would have to forget all about fly fishing for trout until I discovered the Cumberland River. Over the years the Cumberland has become one of the best fly fishing rivers for Rainbow & Brown in which I have ever had the pleasure of getting my feet wet. Slot limits were put in place almost 3 years ago and the average catch length increases every year and should peak in another 3 years. Since I wade only, the big drawback are the generators and their "always changing schedule."

Look forward to reading posts about the trout fishing out west, as I will be jumping out of the "rat race" in a few months and plan on heading that way at some point. (Someone said there is a river out there called the Snake. ) We have a little creek here in KY that is a "so so" trout stream called "Dog Slaughter." So you folks out west don't have a lock on weird names.

Great web site, great group, glad I found it.

RST