Thank you for your concern, but I think you got the wrong person.

Got to the river, discovered a whole slew of cars in the parking lots, and decided to fish anyway. Found a couple runs without other folks in them, said helo to a couple guides and clients, walked around quite a few other anglers, watched one lady spinfisher drop a brown on the rocks, squeeze it to death, and drip blood on the ground while they looked for the camera, and decided not to say anything. Did catch some fish in amongst all that as well. Quite a few, actually.

6-ish, tired of downpours and running out of river to fish, I hiked back through the picnic area to my truck, in the almost-deserted parking lot, whereupon I see a note tucked under the windshield wiper.

It is catch and release hear (their spelling, not mine) you dingbat! You're busted!!!! (Written on an orvis flyer.)

Oooookay. Looking back on the previous couple hours, I tried to think if I had neglected to put a fish back in the water. Nope. I think the last one I kept was the steelhead that Eric ate last fall, Thanksgiving-ish.

So, whoever left me the note, next time you might want to make sure that you actually have the right vehicle, or you could always talk to the person. If you are really upset, go get the ranger and bring them back in person.