+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hybrid bream

Default Hybrid bream

Went on Thursday of past week and caught about 60 to 70 hybrid bream in a friends pond. Not able to stand because of back so I chose to sit on bucket on pier and cast. Caught a couple on Jelly Bean, about 25 on Teeny Nymph (I think that is the name of the bait) and the rest on a black woolly bugger size 10 or 12 hook. Those hybrid bream can really put up a fight. Some were so wide and thick I could not reach around them and had to lay them down to remove hook. When I cannot reach around a bream, that is a large fish because I have huge hands and long fingers. Stayed about and hour or a few minutes more. Kept none. It was such a great thrill just to go ff. Do not know how to do pics. Hope to go back soon. mathcarver

Hey MC,

What a great day you had. I'm totally jealous.*G*
    Warm regards, Jim

Bobby,
    I'm curious to see if you have any pics to share and if you would be willing describe this hybrid a little more? Thanks for the input. The fishing has been getting better now that it's cooling off a bit.
    Racine
    Summit, MS
    3gfun@cableone.net

Blog Entries

Whoof! What a great day!

let me know if you have digital images and would like to post them. Its really not hard to do.

No I do not have a digital. I called these hybrid because that is what my friend supposedly bought to stock pond with. I wish I could catch a crappie just a little. Friend and I went out from right after daylight until dinner and we caught nada. We sat there and watched a dude catch one right after another, used the same method, same bait and all, nada. He and I are about ready to right a book on what not to do to catch crappie. Tight lines. mathcarver

+ Reply to Thread