Jim Smith, of Conyers Georgia, sent me a "Turbo Dubbing Brush" jig. I have been interested in these Dubbing Brush/Boards, since reading about their use, in "The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference to Techniques and Dressing Styles" by Ted Leeson & Jim Schollmeyer, published by Amato Publications (FAOL Sponsor. If you have this book the various uses can be found in Chapter 10, Section 4, of the book.

It is a very well throughout design that, is simple to setup and use, with little touches to make use easier on the tier. Example is the non-slip matting that is secured to the bottom of the board, for secure placement on the table top, during operation. Effective yet simple design spring clips to hold the threads (or wire), while constructing the dubbing brush.

Now I just have to clear the table top of other stuff (housekeeping) to try this Turbo Dubbing Brush, on some fly patterns. I will post more later.

If anyone else has tried Jim's "Turbo Dubbing Brush" please tell me what you think.~Parnelli

Jim can be contacted...

Email: jwsmiths@bellsouth.net