Started tying for warm water because it is about 170 miles to the closest trout water from central Oklahoma. Have boxes of Clousers, Sea Ducers, Crappie Candy and any other warm water fly that I find recommended along with the boxes of drys, wets, streamers and attractors that I use with moderate success in my quest for bows and browns. However warm water success has eluded me. I fish from shore mostly because I don't have a boat or float tube and can't keep my backcast up floating on my back. I have fished em on top, in the film, with shot to get em down a little and weighted to get em down further. I fish flats, rickrack, docks and brush in lakes and ponds. Now I know that I am doing something wrong but not sure what. Tried every retrieve that I can conceive. I have fished all of the short 62 years of my life (spinning, baitcasting, etc.) and caught probably more fish than the Lord alots to one man. And I was a happy fisherman. But then I caught one fish on a fly that I tied myself and I have been hooked since. (Little over a year now). I'm gonna be a successful warm water flyfisherman before I die (Lord willin). Unfortunately there aren't any warm water flyfishin guides in Central Oklahoma that I can find so I'm just hoping to luck on to the right fishin buddy. All suggestions appreciated.