+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wader Life

My wader are a pair of Bass Pro Redhead hunting wader... got them on sell for 125.. half price.. I had them for 6 year now...

The only leak they have is in the butt.. where the cat scratched it sharping its claw.... But it only leaks when Im butt high in moving water..

Also I may note that one of the kee pads has came off... but no leaks in that spot yet..

fishing time in those waders......
    When I lived in Branson.. I was fishing about 4 times a week.. so between Sept-April I wore them though the winter.. when spring and summer come... I wet wade...
    here in Neosho.. I maybe wear them 2 a week now... so these wader has held up very well.. But I am starting to save for a new pair.. and keep these as a possible back up

all waders will fail at some point, the more you pay the longer the time period. Breathable waders are the best ffing invention of the 21st century, my two cents.
    articulated feet, pockets, multiple layers of gore-tex well worth the money. Simms makes a nice product, not cheap but have worked for me? tight lines

Tuber:

You would think the more you pay, the longer they would last but look at DG's comments.

Any wader manufacturers out there? What should a consumer expect in terms of the life of a pair of waders?

fcch, good idea on the neoprene sock over the wader feet to prevent compression leaks.

Rich, a back up pair of waders, what a great way for me to justify buying a new pair of Simms and using my old Hodgeman's as a backup! THANKS!! I hope my wife doesn't read this.

Dr Bob
    Bob Widmaier

My biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell my fly fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

I have a pair of Dan Bailey breathables. They are the ones that sell for $199. I just fixed the first pinhole after about 7 years, probably worn 12 times a year. The suspenders got floppy and stetched out, but the waders have been great.
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread