+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fishing southern BC

1. Default fishing southern BC

Hello,
    I am new to the sport, and wondering if anyone knew of water to fish that is in the south okanagan. I have a few local guide books, but they are fairly general. I dont want anyones secret spot, simply somewhere that they know fish are at. Havent caught anything yet and getting a bit choked. I dont have a boat.
    Thanks,

welcome to the addiction, have fun

Warm Water

Blog Entries

The south Okanagan is kind of tough to fish without a boat.
    I fish all over the south Okanagan from a boat. Mostly I fish the higher lakes which unfortunately are frozen over by now. I know they fish the Okanagan, Similkameen and Ashnola rivers from the shore but I haven't done so since I was a kid. There is supposed to be some good wading spots for bass on the south end of Skaha but there again I haven't done it. If you can get over to the west Kettle river there are some good spots there but really even the west kettle is easier fished from a pontoon boat or canoe. Sadly the fly shop just closed in Penticton, its owner would know where to go to fish from shore. Yellow lake had a fly fishermans float at each end this spring but the raft on the east end broke loose during the summer It might be fixed by now, I don?t know. You can catch yellow perch from the west float if the lake isn't frozen yet.
    The Okanagan river below Okanagan falls has some good spots but there again I don't fish it.
    Penticton has a flyfishers club that probably would be of great help to you. I don't know their number
    I cut and pasted this off the web:

Penticton Flyfishers
    Meetings are held the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 P.M. except for July and August when we go fishing instead.We are a member club of the BCFFF, the BCWF and the FFF.During the winter we offer a Flytying class and a Rod building class and in the spring a Flycasting class.We also do ongoing Conservation projects with the Ministry of Environment and in our spare time, we go fishing!
    Further information, please contact Bob at bob_fox@bc.sympatico.ca

I Was going to join their club but the first Thursday of the month at 7pm is my Knights of Pythias meeting and I am an officer.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread