Yesterday I visited an Outdoor Provision store near my hometown. I was looking at several different rods from different companies in an attempt to cast the rod that I wanted to purchase if they had that particular rod. As usually, here comes the salesman as one is holding the rod and trying to see how it feels in your casting stroke. You can see the "dollar signs" in his eyes as he approaches his prey, which was me. He asked me what I was looking for exactly. I was looking at a 5 weight RS3 which happened to be a four piece rod. I have always had a biase like our dear friend, Al Campbell who we all loved so much that neither I or Al were fans of multi-piece rods. I like the 4-piece RS3 5 weight rod, but I asked the salesman if he had the same rod in a two-piece. Or maybe even a four weight RS3 in a two piece. His response was "we do not order anything but multi-piece rods here at this store. I felt as a consumer that I had suddenly been "slammed" very hard. He went on "his salesman jag" that the problems with multi-piece rods were no longer any problems like they once were. I quietly left the store disenfranchised with the only fly fsihing store near me had discounted a customer based on their wishes of what they were comfortable with. I personally love 2 piece rods. 4 piece rods are more heavier in feel than 2 piece. Is the salesman's statement true, are 2 piece rods "dying" or are stopres just buying 4 or 5 piece rods because they are little more expensive than 2 piece rods. Please tell share with me dear friends if my bias is not well founded in construction of fly rods. I personally think the multi-piece rods is a little heavier. Is the slighty heavier rod a good trade-off for ease of transport. I would appreciate anyone' help on this issue of 2-piece vs. four piece.