+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey, Warm Water Tim

Default Hey, Warm Water Tim

Tim,

Very nice article, brother. Thank you for pitching in on Warm Water and keep 'em comin'! I've been super busy at work and with playing music, and I appreciate your story contribution to that feature category. I'm sure Rick Z. does, too.

I especially appreciate hearing about the action you had on Jacomo Lake. I've been eyeing that lake, also adjacent Blue Springs Lake, for months. I even bought a Missouri non-resident fishing license this spring with the intention of trying both those lakes, but haven't got round to them because at quitting time they lie in the opposite direction I normally leave Kansas City once I get off work. So it's great to know that good 'gills do reside in Jacomo. That's a very pretty lake.

The far upper end of Blue Springs looks really good from a distance what with all that flooded standing timber. You'd think some very nice panfish lurk in that watery wilderness. I hope you target that area with your kayak and write a story about what happened for you there.

Thanks again, man; that was a real good article. I'll be along with some more of my own soon.

Joe
    "Better small than not at all."[/img]

Hi Tim and Joe,

Enjoyed the article. Joe, enjoy yours too.

Grew up in Kansas, so it is nice to read about Kansas warm water fly fishing.

On Monday at noon I eat lunch at my desk and read the warm water and panfish sections. Look forward to that. Thanks go to you both and to Rick.

One really good thing you guys do is listing the fly used. There are very few fly fishing programs on TV here, but once in a great while you get to see one. On most of the shows almost never show anything about the fly used, or very little.

Anyway guys good job and thanks!

Regards,

Gandolf

Thanks, Joe. I've been meaning to drop a thread to MOturk since Wednesday (when I typically have time to browse through the weekly press here) and hadn't gotten around to it. My nights of late have been catching up on swaps and watching the Twins. Most of the time I listen. For some reason I've been watching more than listening these past few weeks. GO TWINS~!

Everyone is more than welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed the atricle. I went back out to Blue Springs Lake last Wednesday and was able to land a monsterous 2 incher (sunfish) under the Woods Chapel Road bridge on a PTN. I spent 6 hours out in the yak and that's the only fish I could catch. There are bigger fish in there, (I heard some jumping) they're just holding too deep for my floating line. I've decided that a sinking line will be added to my wish list.

I was really thrilled my article ended up on the Warmwater section. I can't thank Ladyfisher enough for giving my story such a high honor. More will definitely come as I can get out on the water.

Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

+ Reply to Thread