You are walking down a slippery slope. You cannot be a casual Salmon Fly Dresser. It will consume your thoughts, time, wallet and soul much more than any other type of fly tying that I know. Proceed with caution.

Ronn Lucas' series of tutorials are available on this site and and his site www.ronnlucassr.com along with all of his beautiful hooks. My suggestion is to read everything written by Ronn first and then begin to look at the other offerings available. Wander over to flytyingforum.com and go to the classic salmon section and begin to read everything posted. Gawk at all of the beautiful flies by Dave Carne, Ronn Lucas, Goku, Troutbum7, Matt Inman , birdy34, roycestearnes, Bud Guidry, just about everyone. Use the search function over there before you ask questions because if you asking the question, odds are someone else has already asked the question. I have been amazed and shocked at the help and friendly advice given to me and how quickly one can progress under their tutelage. Hope this helps, e-mail me if you have any questions. I started about 4 months ago and have made big leaps and jumps in a short time. For an example of one of my flies you can check out feathersmc.com and see my Bulldog, by far my best effort to date. John McClain, the owner of feathersmc.com is your source for most everything you should need in materials.