+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lefty Kreh and TFO

Default Lefty Kreh and TFO

On Sep 14 littlebassy (Bonnie) and I went to Little River Outfitters to meet Left Kreh once again. When we got there we were greated by Rick Pope, President of Temple Fork Rod Company, and Lefty Kreh. While Left was Autographing some books for us He, asked littlebassy if she would like an autographed picture of him, he said he did not have any with him but would send her one. That was on Sun, the follow Friday, she received a great picture from left along with the follow note.

"Hello Bonnie, It was nice to see you and your dad again at the Litte River Fly Shop this past weekend. I promised to send you a signed photo. Enclose is one of a 22 pound northern pike I cought on a fly in Manitoba, Canada--I hope you get a chance to catch a bigger one.

I heard you and your dad talking about getting a new and better 5-weight fly rod. I have asked Rick Pope, President of Temple Fork Rod Company, to send you one--he agrees and when it comes just drop him a thank you note. The address will be with the rod.

All the Best, Lefty"

Today the rod arrived, it is a brand new in the rod sock with warranty card Pro Series 5wt 8'6" 4pc. You all would not beleive the smile on the face of littlebassy.

Myself that says a lot for one of the Sponsors here. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

bassman,

There are great people in this sport that haven't forgotten where they came from, and what needs to happen to continue the growth of this fine sport. Lefty is certainly one of them, and he's a man of Integrity, Honor, Compassion, and most of all, a Man of His Word.

I know Bonnie will grow up treasuring that special gift, and go on to catch many nice fish with it.

Thanks for sharing a heart felt story of one of the great men of fly fishing.

"Enjoy Bonnie"

Terry

"The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

I would suggest framing the note and the photo. Over time they may give as much pleasure and joy as the rod. Quite a nice gift from Lefty, and the rod too!

jed

Jed, I have already framed both of them in special frames. Lefty, is such a nice person to meet. We met him the first time in Sep of last year and he and Rick both gave her casting lessons free. She was so proud of those lessons. John

John,
    I know of Lefty only thru a bit of BS'ing at the ISE show in San Mateo. He would NOT know me from Adam. Nothing you say surprises me about Lefty. He is, if not the best, very much among the leading top ambassadors of FF'ing....or any fishing for that matter. He is a Prince in the finest terms.
    ....lee s.

I agree completely Lee. His is a fantastic person. John

When I first started fly fishing I went to a Shallow Water Expo in Houston, Texas. I knew absolutely nothing about the sport. I saw an ad for the expo and just went to walk around and try to take it all in. I was the very first one in the door? literally! Right in the middle of the displays was a senior adult gentleman practicing in a casting area. It was like poetry to watch him cast. He saw me standing watching in awe? he motioned me over. When I got to him he handed me the rod and said; ?Let?s see what you can do?. I told him NO WAY. I was a beginner and quite embarrassed. He said; ?You gotta start somewhere?! So, he worked with me on my cast for about 25 minutes. It was amazing what I learned in that short amount of time. I shook his hand, thanked him very much and walked off. As I let the casting area a guy standing there watching asked; ?DO YOU KNOW HIM?? I told the guy I had never seen him before in my life. His response was; ?You just got a private casting lesson from Lefty Kreh. I asked? WHO?

I can very much beleive that. Having met Lefty, 3 times now I know that is the way he is. He is always willing to give of himself for the benifit of others. John

I can just imagine Bonnies' smile!! I'll bet her feet haven't touched the floor yet!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

You are right Betty, She is still floating on a cloud. John

+ Reply to Thread