+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabelas Waders - Guide Tech vs River Guide

Default Cabelas Waders - Guide Tech vs River Guide

Any opinions on Cabelas waders in general and the Guide Tech vs the River Guide series? Is it worth the $50 difference? Thanks - Rick.
    To Miss Nancy - She hated fishing, but loved a fisherman.

Default I like mine...

Rick,

The Cabela's Guide Tech waders I own have given me excellent service. I've had them for several years, maybe four or five? Hard to recall....getting old.

They get about 20 days/year of use, and I tend to be srambling over downed logs and crawling through brush in the areas wher i use them.

So far, no leaks or visible damage from this.

Whether a less expensive option will work for you depends on your level of use. In any event, Cabelas has a good reputation for standing behind it's products.

Good luck!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Actually have both of those waders and prefer the River Guides for comfort reasons. They're softer and easier to move in but have the reinforced areas where you need them most. The color is stealthy too. I bought the very first pair of River Guides that the Hamburg Cabela's got in stock. Going on two years and zero leaks. My Guide Tech waders are now my backup pair and only see use when the others are hanging up to dry.

I owned a pair of cabelas waders about five years ago, though I cannot recall exactly what model they were. Soon after purchasing them they began to develop pinhole leaks in the back of the knees and around the boot. I called Cabelas, and they replaced the waders for me. The second pair experienced the same problem and I eventually returned them and got my money back.

I didn't like the waders, but they really had good customer service - they provided me with shipping bags and postage both ways, and really did live up to the no-questions-asked warranty. Even though I had a bad experience with their product, I would have no problems ordering other things from them.

So, take it for what it's worth - maybe I got a lousy run of waders, maybe they've improved. Who knows?

+ Reply to Thread