This past Sat. I passed on a client to another individual for personal reasons. The way I handled it was very bad. In the emails that followed it has been mentioned that passing off a client is "CS", not a good thing, poor customer service, etc.
There are cases that this is true. Then again there are cases that the pass off is a benefit for the client. As and example, say a sales person in a shop asks if he can be of some help and the what the client is looking for is not an area that the sales person is well versed. I would much rather be help by someone that is knowledgable than someone that is not.
I have been passed clients when the subject they want information or help on is out of the area of the initial salesperson.
This is just like taking casting lessons form a great caster that can't teach. I would much rather have a excellent teacher than a excellent caster work with me on casting.
There are always exceptions to anything and if explained correctly, not like I explained on Sat, it works out the best for all parties.
Joe Libeu