No, not talking about a '69 mustang hatchback or anything like that (can't afford those toys).
The thought came to me this afternoon as I looked outside the window and realized soon the snow will fly and the fishing season will be over. I thought a fun project for the winter would be to get creative with my kickboat.
Here's what I thought I would like to add to my pontoon boat to make it more snazzy. I want to paint a large saltamontes (grasshopper in spanish) on the side walls near the front of each pontoon, to make it more amusing, I thought I would draw a trout sticking out of the grasshopper's mouth. I have decided to name my ride "The Mayfly" and want to draw/paint mayflies throughout the pontoons.
Here's where your help is needed.
I am not an artist, but with patience I know I can do this (after all I have all winter). I have searched the web for some cartoon "goofy looking" design of a grasshopper (found Jimminy Cricket) which I would redesign to fit the trout in its mouth. Unfortunately I have not found a cartoon of a grasshopper, same thing applies to mayflies (although I'm sure I can create something on my own).
Do any of you know of a website that might have drawings/designs of what I am looking for? I am considering using the spelling of my nick as the body with a grasshopper head attached to it.
I just want to "pimp my ride" and make it more fun.
Look forward to your suggestions and replies. Then off to get a good supply of Sharpies it is...
Saltamontes