+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pimpin my ride... I need your help

Default Pimpin my ride... I need your help

No, not talking about a '69 mustang hatchback or anything like that (can't afford those toys).
    The thought came to me this afternoon as I looked outside the window and realized soon the snow will fly and the fishing season will be over. I thought a fun project for the winter would be to get creative with my kickboat.
    Here's what I thought I would like to add to my pontoon boat to make it more snazzy. I want to paint a large saltamontes (grasshopper in spanish) on the side walls near the front of each pontoon, to make it more amusing, I thought I would draw a trout sticking out of the grasshopper's mouth. I have decided to name my ride "The Mayfly" and want to draw/paint mayflies throughout the pontoons.
    Here's where your help is needed.
    I am not an artist, but with patience I know I can do this (after all I have all winter). I have searched the web for some cartoon "goofy looking" design of a grasshopper (found Jimminy Cricket) which I would redesign to fit the trout in its mouth. Unfortunately I have not found a cartoon of a grasshopper, same thing applies to mayflies (although I'm sure I can create something on my own).
    Do any of you know of a website that might have drawings/designs of what I am looking for? I am considering using the spelling of my nick as the body with a grasshopper head attached to it.
    I just want to "pimp my ride" and make it more fun.
    Look forward to your suggestions and replies. Then off to get a good supply of Sharpies it is...
    Saltamontes

My son is a professional animator/cartoonist, and has also created (graphic/hard to read) name logos. Just for fun I will email this thread to him. He can email you any designs if he wants. If you use them please post a picture of the results, he may get more private work as a result.

Using Google immage search and adding gif for the popular cartoon/anime file extension may help you.

http://images.google.com/images?q=gr...0&start=0&sa=N

Of course now you have to do all the work, so Greg's son would still be a great help.

HTH

If he has any flyfishing cartoons that he would like posted on the web,,, we sure have a place. Always looking.

+ Reply to Thread