Jon,
I am sorry you felt that I left because you were only spending $150 for a rod. In truth, I didn't handle this very well. I should of expained to you that I was suppose to leave at 4pm from Marriotts and that I would get someone to help you. As I expained to you, after your statment of "not being the kind of customer you would liked to have" my wife had called and reminded me that we were suppose to be on our was to visit a very close friend of 30yrs that is dieing from ALS. You told me you understood and that you were sorry you made that statement.

Jon, you do not know me and I don't know you. Of all the people in the shop, I am one of the ones that would have help you the best had I had the time. I tried to pass you off to someone that would do the same. Perhaps, you should go to Google and enter my name and see what you get. You will see that I am very involved in the industry and well respected.

Again, I am sorry I offened you and look fwd to having another chance to help you. If you are ever in need of some helpin casting or have any question, please give me a call at 310-749-6771.

BTW, Steve was not working yesterday, I think you talked to Brant and Alex.

Regards,
Joe Libeu