I have a Dave Barry desk calendar that feeds me little bits of his humor each day. I started getting interested in it when he mentioned he was trying fly fishing for the first time, casting to "blooping" (rising) trout.

Here are some excerpts from the ones that followed:

"With fly casting you wade into a river and attempt to place a "fly" - a furry little hook thingy weighing less than a hydrogen atom - on top of the water right where the fish are blooping. You do this by waving your fishing rod back and forth using the following rhythm as explained to us by our guide. Coca Cola. Coca Cola. On your third Coca Cola, you point your arm forward and the "fly", in a perfect imitation of nature, lands on your head. Or sometimes it forms itself into a snarl that cannot be untangled without the aid of a chain saw AND a flamethrower.

We stood there for hours, waving our rods and going "Coca Cola", but most of the time we were not getting our flies anywhere near the blooping.

Our guide was a true professional and was NOT going to let us leave until we caught a blooping fish. So you can imagine how blooping happy we were when Ron finally managed to haul in a trout. It was not a large trout. It was the length of a standard Cheeto. But it WAS a trout, dammit, and it meant we could stop."