+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wading Staff Tip

Default Wading Staff Tip

I am not a good wader any more and simply won't wade anything without a staff. Problem was, I'd get to a place where I wanted to cast and my staff would always drop down in the water or float off to the end of it lanyard.

Solution was to put a magnetic net holder on the lower right front of my vest that holds the top of the staff handle in place. Now my staff is always right there handy when I need to grab it.

Hope this helps somebody.

Sounds good ,Oldfrat....

I have mine attached to the wader belt and added several large nuts to the tip so it rides tip down right beside me....I use a ski pole....

3. Default

I wonder how strong of a magnet one could use? I?d like the ability to pull the staff with magnetism back when it gets away and is floating down stream. You see the other day while fishing with a buddy my wading staff was lost. It was the collapsible, inexpensive variety. My buddy had crossed over a small, but high and fast running stream we were fishing. I advised him to stay out of an area I knew was deep. He got into the hole and the water was just about chest high on him. Force of water had him stuck. He requested I pass over the wading staff as he did not have one. I untied it from my belt, unfolded the staff and waded out as far as I safely could. I was them able to pass over the staff. As he trying to get out he lost his footing and grabbed onto a big rock. He had not tied the staff to himself. We watched the staff float away. Hopefully somebody finds it and gets as much good use of it as I did. A strong magnet would have come in handy . He got out fine.

I'm afraid Fly Time what you want only occurs on Star Trek

I have a caribiner that attaches my staff to the belt.
    Works like a charm.
    Gary

+ Reply to Thread