+ Reply to Thread

Thread: COHO salmon salmon river

Default COHO salmon salmon river

drove up to salmon river tuesday, got there about 6 pm . check black hole fish moveing all over the hole. got room, ate then to bed. on river at 6AM ,most of fish were up river, saw about 20 fish landed mostly salmon, some nice browns 8 to 16 lbs i didn t have a hit, my buddy had 5 chubs.rained hard all time we were fishing.saw guides doing what they do best,foul hooking fish. mono line 6 #7 shot large hook with one feather on. drag the bottom, flyman 3

I read the report on the DSR site, hoping fish will push up into the lower Fly Zone. Then again there's the usual assortment of idiots there as well, just get out on a weekday and avoid as many lifters as you can, or bring your cell phone and call the DEC, then watch 'em clear out.

My hope is to get up there around the end of October...more browns and steelies by that time.

Marty

Hey Fly man-- Certainly hope you took the water temp.

temp allegedly around 60 F...the SR stays pretty cool all year.

Marty

Default salmon river

bruce rained hard didn t get temp. got three fly books wet, almost dry till we got home. yes we go to erie or buffalo in zoo time. late nov. or dec. we take day trips to salmon river ,but every creek is bad in prime time. we fish weekdays mostly and steelhead mostly.

MFTG-- This is an inside joke on water temp between a few of us. This summer Ed threw my digital theremometer in the Pine Creek while taking water temp with it. Such is life- we most times have a lot of fun.

Next time up at Pine I'll be sure to take note if I land a thermometer!

Marty

that happened at the pa-fish in. never use that kind before so just drop the wrong end in. sorry bruce. going to doctor thursday so i can wade in nov. trip for steelhead. flyman 3

+ Reply to Thread