+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Concoction

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default Special Concoction

I just have to share this new discovery. I am of the opinion that most fly-fishemen and women have a well-developed appreciation for some of the finer things in life, which for some of us probably includes a taste for great world-class brews. I have always had a passion for Guinness Stout Irish Ale, but alas, since I no longer drink alchohol, I thought that simple pleasure was lost to me forever. But it was not to be so.

In trying to come up with a fast-energizing, pick-me-up sort of beverage, I discovered a non-alcoholic combination that is almost indistinguishable from Guinness, with the same taste and body. It even has the same wonderful tan, creamy head on it. And while it contains no alcohol, it has enough caffine in it to raise the dead!

Psuedo-Guinness

2+ TBSP Bustello Instant Expresso mixed in 1/4 cup cold water (or real expresso, cold, without the water).
    1 TBSP sugar
    12 oz. of Coca-Cola (or Jolt)
    12 oz. of A & W Cream Soda

Dissolve the sugar in the expresso. Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and serve over ice. Makes 3 servings. ENJOY!!!!

Semper Fi!

Gigmaster,
    I am watching a replay of the DUCKS vs Fresno St.
    I've got talent! I can watch and listen to the game while I am typing this reply.
    I really like your post! How long did it take for you to come up with your concoction??
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Special Concoction

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster
    I just have to share this new discovery. I am of the opinion that most fly-fishemen and women have a well-developed appreciation for some of the finer things in life, which for some of us probably includes a taste for great world-class brews. I have always had a passion for Guinness Stout Irish Ale, but alas, since I no longer drink alchohol, I thought that simple pleasure was lost to me forever. But it was not to be so.

In trying to come up with a fast-energizing, pick-me-up sort of beverage, I discovered a non-alcoholic combination that is almost indistinguishable from Guinness, with the same taste and body. It even has the same wonderful tan, creamy head on it. And while it contains no alcohol, it has enough caffine in it to raise the dead!

Psuedo-Guinness

2+ TBSP Bustello Instant Expresso mixed in 1/4 cup cold water (or real expresso, cold, without the water).
    1 TBSP sugar

Dissolve the sugar in the expresso. Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and serve over ice. Makes 3 servings. ENJOY!!!!

Semper Fi!
    Since I still do drink alcohol, I've always felt Guinness was an acquired taste that I've never acquired.
    Molson Ice on the other hand is the brew, tongue in cheek, for gentleman.
    nam

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Gigmaster,
    I am watching a replay of the DUCKS vs Fresno St.
    I've got talent! I can watch and listen to the game while I am typing this reply.
    I really like your post! How long did it take for you to come up with your concoction??
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Got it right the first time, believe it or not. I wasn't trying to come up with a clone of Guinness, but rather a duplicate of Coca-Cola Blak, which is a new and expensive energy drink. This is much better by far! It was a happy accident.

Semper Fi!

Default Re: Special Concoction

Quote Originally Posted by namekagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster

Psuedo-Guinness

1 TBSP sugar

Semper Fi!
    Since I still do drink alcohol, I've always felt Guinness was an acquired taste that I've never acquired.
    Molson Ice on the other hand is the brew, tongue in cheek, for gentleman.
    I never drank Molson Ice, but I did always like Molson's Golden Ale, as well as Genessee Cream Ale. I'll work on that next, or maybe a non-alcoholic Bass Pale India Ale.

I wonder if I could make the Psuedo Guinness, then take a non-alcholic beer and mix them to get a Black and Tan?

I think I'm on a roll!!!!

Semper Fi!

I to have always been fond of Guinness. In Ireland they have signs out that read "Guinness is good for you". Sold me. Budweiser makes an O'Doules "Amber". Not bad stuff. I like the taste of beer but won't drink it while working on the farm or being around machinery. The O'Doules Amber is a very nice thirst quincher without the wobbles. I even cut it 50/50 with regular beer to keep the prospect of a "morning after" down. Works for me.

I will be trying your brew.

Gigmaster,
    Have you done research on the net about mixing drinks that are non alcoholic?
    I have recently given up caffiene. I worked 27 yrs on night shift, so caffiene was important to me. It was my security blanket, since I had to run machinery.
    I go to SUBWAY all the time for lunch and I sometimes notice young people mixing their drinks at the pop machine.
    Looking forward to your new inventions!
    Take Care,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Gig.. I think I could become very wealthy selling cups of that mix to college students in the dorms during Finals week. Wow!
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

If you figure out how to sell it to my fraternities, I'll pay you a lot of money. You would probably have to lie about the alcohol content though. Actually they really like natty light, so maybe you could come up with a non-alcoholic drink to mimic that. Oh wait, they have that already...its called water. Oh man...I really crack myself up. I am definitly going to try this though - one of those "gotta see for yourself" type things.

I can just see it now....County Down... come on in lads try a pint of no achohol Guinness...What the ^*&$ the matter with you lad....what the #*^% is this stuff? You gone mad man?

+ Reply to Thread