I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the Wulff Triangle Taper fly lines.

I read Al Campbell?s [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/prorevw/rwtriangletapers.html:4a3c1]review[/url:4a3c1] but at the time it was written, I BELIEVE the lines were sold as multiple weight lines like 2/3, 3/4, etc. Now they are sold as exact line weights with a new coating.

In any case I have a Winston LT 7?9? 2wt that I have a love hate relationship with. Sometimes I love the way it casts and loads with the DT2F Rio Classic line I have on it, other times I want to break it over my knee. I have tried a Rio WF2F as well with similar results. I don?t know if it is just because a 2 weight is SO much different than the slower 3-5 weights I am more accustomed to and I am expecting a feel that just doesn?t exist in a 2 weight; or it?s something else.

The rod action presently is described as medium fast although previously Winston described it as medium. I do know they didn?t change the taper when they changed the description so I assume the description change was for continuity in the catalog descriptions for the rod line. I would classify the action as SORT OF medium.

In any case, on another board a person with the same rod said that after trying many lines on this rod, he liked the Triangle Taper best. I use this rod for trout fishing on smaller to medium streams on windless days fishing mostly Tricos and terrestrials so we?re not talking about 80 foot casts with 2/0 flies. I don?t want to fish it with a 3 weight line since I bought a 2 weight because I wanted a 2 weight, not another 3 weight.

Before I drop $50 on an experiment; I just wondered if anyone had any input. BTW, if I buy it and DON?T like it, keep an eye out on the FOR SALE board for a great deal on a lightly used Triangle Taper fly line.