Well, this streamer is causing quite a stir.I really wish I had inspected it more fully when I had the chance.

I went back and looked at the remainder of the fly - it was still lodged in my vest. There is enough olive antron with copper left (some caught on the bend as it fell away) for me to assume that it is Spirit river depth advantage in copper mixed with olive long fibre antron yarn.

The body is tied with a dubbing loop over a thread base..olive antron and copper wire fragments.

I cannot recall if there was a hackle above that (between the bead and the wing) or not, but I think that there was - swept back - olive cock - I think. It might have been dyed olive partridge - that doesn't seem right though.

I'm going to tie one up now to that recipe and see how it looks. If it looks right - I'll post a photo here.

Anyway, the good news is that I called my father and he was 'heading down to the shop anyway' so he's going to pick one up this afternoon. He'll mail it to me (might take a few weeks) and then I'll get a few pics of (post them on here) and dissect it and make a recipe.

Unless the originator comes forward before then.

Mike