+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drawing new members

1. Default Drawing new members

If one of the objectives of the free monthly drawing is to entice lurkers to sign up...it's working!

I have been reading/using this board for some time. The search data base (your prior posts) is great. I found most of the answers that I was seeking, the articles were interesting, and I really felt like I didn't have much to contribute (still don't). Therefore, I had no incentive to join. However, for a shot to win a sage z-axis, I'll contribute something!

I have been fly-fishing when I can for about the last 3 years, although I did cast a glass rod in warm water when I was much younger. I was re-introduced to the sport on a trip, fished coldwater for the first time, and became solidly hooked again. I generally fish for trout in TN & NC, and some warm water at home.

I very much enjoy this forum. The camaraderie is nice. Thank you for your contributions to the board.

David

OMC,

Glad its working and welcome to the board. You've been around here for long enough so join in the fun now that you can.

jed

Well, sure, the 'give away' is a marketing gimmick. But I would say it is one of the few things we do directly for our sponsors, not just to get folks to sign up as such. Most everything we do is geared for the user, the sponsor comes in second. In a way, even in this. The set of questions is designed to produce information that will be helpful to our sponsors. With this, they will try to produce products more in line with what the user indicates he needs or wants. So, again, the user gets the benefit. The questions will change at various times as required. This information (not the personal information of yours) is not charged for but given to them free. We are developing the most current and comprehensive data base available. Your accurate cooperation is vital in this venture.

Speaking of accurate....to be accurate I went out and actually counted some of the stuff I have....somewhat shocked....anyone else have that experience....

and I told my wife they were life time investments...

and I told my wife they were life time investments...
    Like that good old saying:
    "When I pass on I hope my wife doesn't sell my fishing equipment for the price I told her I paid for it."

6. Default

Jed: Thanks for the welcome.

Ducksterman: I was afraid to count my stuff, since I know how much I paid for individual items. Just don't want to see the grand total.

WELCOME, ONE MORE CAST!
    I'm sorry to say that i'll be winning the rod. But you can have the next one. lol.
    I tried figuring out how much I had invested in equipment, but then I got queezy and had to stop.

+ Reply to Thread