AS I stated on a previous post I went to cabela's on the 23rd last month and had to order some things there they didn't have in stock. We leave tomarrow to go fishing and camping. Yesterday before work I called them and talked to a manger who said he would check into it. I got a call back from them and was told to come in and go to the customer service desk and they would be there. We rush in cause we are very busy expecting to pick the stuff up and run. I was a nice dream. 1 hour later and after I made 3 demands for a manager I finally got to leave. The stuff had been in for some time due to the fact they had taken the pontoon boat I ordered and assembled it and hug it from the ceiling for a demo. Everytime I call one it I was told if we haven't called you it is not in.
I flat out told the manager when someone finally got him, I don't want monetary compensation I just want to know why I should shop in your store anymore? That one they could not answer. I was given 20% off on some of the items and $50 off on the pontoon boat.
I was there for over a hour trying to get my things. I really don't know if I will ever go in that store again Their customer service sucks. His only defense was we are really new and have a bunch of new people who don't know what they are doing.
I am the type of person who will pay a higher price for something if the customer service is excellent. Just thought I would pass this experience on.