+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Furled Leader Jig in Fish-In Photos

Default Furled Leader Jig in Fish-In Photos

To the gentleman who is demonstrating the furled leader jig:

Can you post some photos of your jig? I'm just starting to build my own and your jig may have some ideas I'd like "to borrow".
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

SonOfMartin;
    That is Kaboom1. I know he has some posts in here so you can pm him. I'll look up his email and pm it to you also.
    He uses a different formula than I do but we were able to easily change his board over. He has incorporated a sewing machine motor and pully system to wind and furl the leaders automaticly.

Normand Guest

SOM
    I think that is the first time I have ever been called a gentleman. Anyway, I have sent you an e mail. I will try and get the info to you ASAP.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

I have a folding furled leader jig board (14 foot) that can furl leaders to 12 feet length.

I am considering creating a new furled leader jig board that has the capability of doing either a 2, 3, or 4 strand furled leader.

I am using a variation the The Big Leader Formula, that Dave Ulmer created for tying knotted leaders. It is a fully progressive tapered leader formula. Anyone who make split cane blanks, understand what a progressive taper means.

If anyone is interested, Email me your loop sequence and the total finished length you want the furled tapered leader to end up at.

I do not mind crunching numbers, it is not like it Calculus or Spherical Trigonometry, or Analytical Trigonometry, but it close. I will give you the peg numbers I can do it in English or Metric lengths, your choice.

parnelli@comcast.net

SOM,
    I noticed that you are out of Hershey. I am not far from you( just outside of Gettysburg). Were do you do most of your fishing?
    Mike

I fish all over, Breeches, Quitty, Clarks for trout. Susq. river for smallies and Swatara Creek for smallmouth and panfish. Also have access to a pond or three for bluegill.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

+ Reply to Thread