+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayaks

Default Kayaks

I pulled the topic because folks were miss-quoting, making up quotes, making groundless accusations and basically lying, fighting, being disruptive and trying to instigate something. Anyone offended by this please leave.

JC,

Sorry you had to pull the post. I understood where you were coming from with the post. Some just do not understand the memories and good times you use to have on that river and then when you get a chance to go back to it and see how it is being used now, is very hard to take and understand. Oh, well, I understood and I figured it would be taken wrong when you first posted the story. I guess I was hoping others would understand where you were coming from.

Sorry it worked out the way it did.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I pulled the topic because folks were miss-quoting, making up quotes, making groundless accusations and basically lying, fighting, being disruptive and trying to instigate something. Anyone offended by this please leave.
    What a description! Are you sure you didn't blow that way out of proportion? That sounds like an aweful lot of things that folks did wrong...hardly ever does anybody see that over here.

Hopefully I didn't mis-quote you,

Spud

Unfortunately, it's the same story on just about any navigable stream that doesn't require a hike-in. Small craft on small waters, motorboats and jet-ski's on the larger ones. After all that churning and burning, any self-respecting trout wouldn't show its dorsal until well after dark. Charging use fees for small motorless craft might cut down on it some, but I'm certain wouldn't return the streams to what we remembered. Us old duffers can't do the hike-ins like we used to, so it narrows things down some. I've been spending more and more time in the pontoon, on lakes and ponds than I used to. Fortunately, when the weather cools in the fall, the bikini and aluminum hatch falls off abruptly, and the fish start looking up again. All's once again right with the world.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Although nobody loves a conflict/fight more than me; all them floating things is another reason I call small streams home.

Bikini hatch....hmmm...do they shed those exoskeletons when they emerge?

Blog Entries

Bamboozle, as interesting as the bikini hatch might seem to us true nature lovers, it is all too often accompanied by the pestiferous "inner tube in a Speedo" hatch; which is worse than Canadian mosquitos for causing alimentary distress.
    regards,
    Ed

Default What Happened?

I always miss the fun! Lol!

Default Re: Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    Gee Jim... what if everyone leaves?

I certainly sympathize/empathise, but for me "little brooks" have provided a great relief. And they're much easier to wade ! Even tiny brookies are beautiful. That's why God made 2 wts.

Bill
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

Default Canoes etc.

I left the Fish-in on Friday partly because I knew what I was in for on the weekend. I fished the Muskegon River at Croton dam a few years ago. By noon on Saturday the party flotillas were coming down to the point it was absolutely dangerous to be in the river at all. I'm amazed that more kids aren't drowning every year up at Grayling. I saw very few life jackets, even on little tiny kids. We've got some of the same thing on our Mad river here in Ohio, but the vast majority of the boaters are respectful of the fly fishermen. Sadly, there are always a small number of people tanked, or people who have never been in a canoe and can't steer the thing at all. I think you should at least have to take a course or something before you man the paddles.
    Eric

+ Reply to Thread