.....Yes, boys and girls, the population of Atlantic salmon in the Miramichi River is not what it was before 'ol Bob showed up on the scene. I would be willing to bet that at least a hundred of them must have laughed themselves to death when they saw me on the bank pulling on my waders and a couple hundred more followed them as soon as I stepped into the water. Some of them even came to the surface to laugh out loud. Some were so happy to see that it was just me that they jumped clear out of the water and did a little happy dance.
At least that's the way things went on Saturday and Sunday. However, Monday was a totally different story. On that day it poured rain so I didn't go fishing. I hope the fish were all waiting for me to show up again. I hope they sat there all day wondering where I was. I fixed their sorry little anal vents. Next time they won't be so cocky.
Oh yeah, I did get to eat one of their relatives at a family bar-b-que Sunday night. A cousin in law had caught a couple in the week previous. I enjoyed every bite. That's 2 fish that won't be laughing the next time I show up.
(Note to all you baby fish fishers: I did get lots of those. They took great pleasure in sinking my dry flies on every single cast. I cursed every one of them before I let them go.)

Note to anyone who is interested: It was the absolute best weekend I have had in a very long time.

Thank you, Miramichi River.