+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cocoa beach, FL area

Default cocoa beach, FL area

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if in i apologize in advance.

my brother lives in Ft. Myers Beach, FL and would like to drive over to Cocoa Beach one weekend to fish. can anyone suggest areas that are accessible and wadable? he doesn't have access to a canoe or kayak, or the funds to get a guide, but if someone on here knows of areas (the more specific the better, like, park at mile x on road y and you can wade water z) that are wadable for fly fishing it would be appreciated. i don't think he cares if it is for redfish, snook, specks, flounder, whatever, or in one of the rivers (can the indian river be waded?) for freshwater. don't go giving away your secrets, but if you can tell him where to park and wade that would be great.

--cameron

Tarheel,
    I live in the area, and I fish the Banana river that borders Cocoa Beach. If you just want to wade, park on the N.E. side of the intersection of Pineda Causeway and SR 3. There is a ton of wadeable water there, and right now the reds are pretty abundant, although they seem to be very picky about what they will hit right now. I have been using a #2 olive foam popper with a olive marabou tail with some copper flashabou mixed in. And remember to shuffle your feet as you wade, as the stingrays are abundant also! If you see a black and silver Ford truck there, look for the tan colored kayak, and it will probably be me!
    When will you be over this way? Maybe we can get trip arranged! Send me a PM if you want to... Rob

+ Reply to Thread