+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cape Cod

Default Cape Cod

Any advice for Flies, Surf locations, licence requirements in Mass. for a trip next week would be appreciated.
    I posted in the general forum looking for info on places to stay , eat and fish, but thought some here would have something to add.
    Thanks in advance
    DuFf

No license needed for fishing the salt.
    Flies standards are decievers and clousers. Something to imitate a short and wide bait fish would work well this time of year.

No places to stay that I can recommend. If you are going to be there for 4 or more days you might want to look at www.cyberrentals.com they have listings for cottages that are as low as $500 per week, usually with a week minimum. Also try craigslist.com as they might have something as well.

Places, it depends on where on the cape you stay. If its the outer cape then I can send you a private message with some places to consider. I'll be out there between 9/9 and 9/16 myself.

jed

You could try Woods Hole for a chance at stripers and false albies. I fished there last year and scored one scoolie striper. Fish west of ferry dock after crossing drawbridge you will see a small rock pier in the bay. Good place to cast and no license required. I cannot believe the Kennedies missed this source of revenue. Good luck

As I write this evening I have been spending the last few days in Truro near the tip of the cape. Aside from the hugh OCean Sunfish (6' across) and a 15' basking shark there have been balls and balls of stripers on the bay side. Regardless of tide, regardless of time of day all I see are these balls of fish saying "please, please catch me". I have obliged some and mostly enjoyed watching, kayaking and fishing. ALso saw some blues at the end of my line. They aren't lying when they say that September is a wonderful time to fish the cape.

jed

+ Reply to Thread