Andrew,

Sorry for the delayed response ... work has been hectic.

The Monocacy River has some decent spots for Small Mouth Bass, Rock Bass, and assorted Pan Fish. I have heard of people catching some trout in it early in the season, and the concensus seems to be that they are stockers put in the local creeks in the spring by the DNR. It's nice because it's convenient if you have limited time, like after work. The Potomac is better though. If you want more info., just let me know.

I have family in the Camp Hill area and go up to fish the Breeches whenever I can. See my post about the Breeches under Fishing Reports. I've heard that the Connewego is good, and have been wanting to check it out, but if I'm in the Gettysburg area, it's usually as I'm passing through on Rt. 15. I am not very experienced with spring creeks. I would love some more info. on the Gettysburg streams, especially Connewego.

It's too bad that you couldn't make the PVFF meeting. The guest speaker was a guy from some federal conservation agency (I forget the agency's name), who specializes in entemology. He's also a fly fisher. He had slide show and preserved specimens of various bugs in their various stages. I found it very educational.

Dave