I came home friday to the phone ringing. It was my brother, the one who I planned to restore my dad's old Wright Mcgill glass rod to give my brother for Christmas. He tells me that He's in town for the weekend just before shipping out (he's a navy guy) and won't be back until May. So much for Christmas. So my project got stepped up a bit. I started Friday night and finished it Sunday morning. Here's the pics. I stripped and revarnished the rod with gudebrod varnish then rewrapped with new guides. I did keep the original nickel/silver ferrules and reel seat and I loved the handle, It has alot of character! I did coat the handle in cork sealer. Thanks to all who replied to my posts regarding this project and especially to Denver Dave and Rick at Ricksrods.com for the handle logo that proved to be the hardest thing to find! It turned out pretty good I think, although I would have liked to have had more time. Even though it is very fishable,I'm pretty sure it will be a wall hanger for sentimental reasons. It was fun to do and I can't wait for the next project! LOL