After several days of working a trade show and some meetings I finally managed to get in a day of fishing. A total of 12 or 13 of us headed out of Breckenridge in search of something on the long rod. With that many we had to spread out to a few different locations.

Our first spot was what's called the Dream Stream which I beleive is a 3 mile section of the Platt.

It was a lot like my Spring Creek fishing back home - Technical. Perfect presentations and just the right fly was what was needed. A nice Trico spinner fall had some fish up top working but not many. Managed to get a few to go on spinners and cripples but no hook ups. Man did I see some real hogs in there. Some legit 4 - 5 pound Trout. Just before we broke for lunch I tied on a great little Scud (Pregnant Baggie) tied on the new Partridge CZF (Czech Nymph Fine Wire). I spotted a fat Brown of around 2 pounds and made a decent cast. There was no hesitation and the fish gulped the fly down. After quite a battle trying to keep the fish out of rocks, weeds and logs she came to net. It was a fat as it could possibly be with huge spots and great coloration. A couple quick shots and it was back where it came from none worse for ware but certainly just a bit smarter : ) I located 2 more fish on the walk back toward the truck made a cast to each and caught both! Sure, nothing like figuring them out right when you are leaving : )

After lunch we hit a section of the Platt called "The Braids." It consisted of 3 channels that meandered through a meadow offering lots of undercut banks. After offering up a hopper and dropper and getting some splashy rises I switched to a #14 bleached elk hair caddis dry and an 18 BHPT as the dropper. It was game on after that. I lost track after about 30 fish there, half of which were only 6 - 10 inches in length. I did however land and release 3 nice fish in that 15 - 16" range. Thier coloration was fantastic.

All in all is was a nice day to be on the water. Saw some nice Pronghorn, some Coyotes and some Buffalo too.