+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lamiglas Spring Creek Series

1. Default Lamiglas Spring Creek Series

I had posted about getting some information about this rod series on the FAOL topic, but did not receive any responses, so I figured I would ask here. What I have read about the Lamiglas fiberglass blanks that have been used by the rod builders here is very positive, but I am wanting to purchase a facorty fiberglass rod (6'6" 3 wt.), because I really don't have the time for wrapping one right now. The price of these rods is pretty attractive, too. Also, if you have any other suggestions, I would very much appreciate that.

Ed

Why don't you just ask one of us to build it for you, it will be a better rod. Ceramic guides, proper spine alignment, better grip and seat, etc. Just a thought.

This site was referred to me on another glass question. I like TampaJim's idea though!
    http://p097.ezboard.com/bfiberglassflyrodders
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Default Lamiglas

Ed,
    You will love that little rod. I have built several of them and they perform very well in both tight casting situations as well as really reaching out when you need to. The price is attractive and the folks at lamiglass do know what they are doing. pound for pound, not a bad deal at all...You'll love it.

5. Default

Thanks for the information. If I wanted to get the rod built by someone else, are there any rodbuilders you would recommend? If they were in the Southern Ca. area that would be great. Thanks again.

Ed

Default Rod builders

I am quite sure that there are a lot of great rodbuilders in the Couthern Cal area that would be able to do the job for you, there are a lot of them on here, but being in Tennesse it is a bit far. If you don't get any offers through here (I am sure that you will), then you may try
    http://www.rodbuilding.org/list.php?2
    and put a post on there. Tom Kirkman runs that board I believe and he is one of the best and there are hundreds of builders on that board that would love to do the work for you.

Lamiglas does a good job on the factory built rods - but a custom build could be much better. The factory rods are very traditional - stainless stripper, top and snake guides. Consider having a builder use that same blank but with improvements - your choice of stripper, top, guides, seat, grip style and colors.

Lamiglas also has a pretty significant markup on the factory rods, there is quite a bit of room to build a custom rod, with upgrades, and still have money left over.

Default Lamiglass

Sure can't argue that Tampajim

+ Reply to Thread