+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOL?

I would, but I'm afraid I might spell it incorrectly.
    Joe

H = humble,,,

For anyone who has ever spoken in public and noticed their SPOUSE making kissing motions with their lips.
    KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Joe - Comparatively (at least, to the computer crowd) I'm old.

This site comes into play often for me:

acronyms.thefreedictionary.com

As far as the vehicles I had a new 77 Ford 150. Drove it 100,000 and it developed a noise in the engine. Traded it in and never thought about it until a year ago. Ran into a guy who asked if I had owned an orange Ford 4x4. Said he bought to pull wagons on the farm. It now has nearly 300 on it and still has the noise in the engine.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Default More than I use!

As a former community leader for AOL, I used a lot of shorthand. I generally worked with 18+ folks who used a dozen or so shorthand letters.

I don't mind seeing LOL, ROFL, DH, DW, BIL, etc., on the boards, but what really gets me are quizes with kids that type b4 instead of before, or 2late instead of too late, just because their brains are now wired to think/type that way. (I volunteer at the schools our boys attend, and there were three kids who just didn't get the idea that b4 isn't a word and I'm isn't spelled im. I sat down with them more than once to explain why they got a C instead of A on their papers.)

To help tanslate: http://www.xmission.com/~comphope/jargon/s/shorthan.htm

Oh, no! More I don't understand!
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread