Ok. So I'm a humble guy, and being a humble guy I will be the first to admit that I'm just not that great at casting. Dont get me wrong, its far from terrible. I get the job done, I catch fish...but its not the type of form which would inspire anyone. I'm ok with that - not to mention that I am putting the thought, effort, and practice in to get better.

So with that off my chest, here is the question. I bought those bamboo rods. I need to figure out which ones work best with which lines. I've never had to do this before because all the other rods I have owned have been nice enough to tell me what lines they would like me to use with them. Is there a trick to this? Will I just know? I mean I feel like if I throw a line on a rod and I can get it out then it should be fine right? One thing I'm planning on doing first is stringing up the lines that I already have on rods that they dont go with. You know, try the old 8wt line out on the 4wt rod and visa versa. I think my main concern is that because I am not the best caster, that my casting compensation will mess up really figuring what goes with what. Any insight would be appreciated, even if its just to tell me that I'm crazy for over thinking this one. Ernesto is in town though so I don't think I'm going to get any good playtime this weekend, and all I can think about at work are all those toys in my apt...