Well, so far retirement is more time consuming than working...lol it kept me from the fish-in, it is keeping me from fishing (for a while longer) and there is a never ending battle with getting things that we take for granted set up. Insurance is a real pain in the anterior posterior just to mention one. Fortunately my insurance continues for a few more days then I am on my own!!! Fly-rods!! There is more flyrod work to do now, (thank goodness) than ever before but it is digging into my time to get myself set up as a bonafide business that can legally (for tax purposes) do some of the things I want to do. and last but certainly not least is the ever demanding time that is placed on me to spend time with my bride of 38 years that has been so supportive of all that I have done in the past...she is a great woman and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. she bought me a river boat as a retirement gift, now it just doesnt get any better than that.

I really wanted to go to the fish in, but I found out that my family had much bigger plans, and while I know that I missed out on a really great event (like Mikeys cooking, Jacks furled leaders, and seeing JC do his casting demonstration in a full Tux), I think my decision to stay here and spend some time with my family was the right decision, it's times like the past 2 weeks that we live for.

After looking back over my shoulder at all the years of work and the things that I missed by not being home a lot, there is little doubt in my mind that God played a magnificant role in blessing me with such a wonderful family, with good friends, and with the abilities that he has blessed me with, and I am starting to believe that the deciples were fly fishermen, because flyfisherpeople are definitley closer to God I believe.

Thanks to Mike Flannigan for calling me to check up on me and to Clyde Holmes for emailing me to make sure that everything is AOK here in the Big Orange country.Now it is catch up time for all kinds of things, and Thanks to FAOL for being there for all of us.