+ Reply to Thread

Thread: parachute flies

Default parachute flies

Once again Al and Gretchen have come through with some good tips. In my flytier rag they gave their ten top tips one of which was how they tie parachute hackle on smaller flies. since I don't have the rag handy I will not go into it but maybe Al can post it here. Thanks again for all the help

Agreed! The mag came last night and I had to spend an hour briefly going over it. Great tips as mentioned and some other articles/pics are very good too.

I liked the tip regarding those feather wings...trimming the stem short and tying in so as to prevent spinning.

That's a realy good mag.

Jeremy.

The tip on how to make a peacock chenille rope was good to!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

What magazine are you refering to?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Fly tier Magazine. Al and Gretchen did a piece in there on the top ten tips for fly tying. Yes the herl chenile is a great one also. I have used that in the past. Thanks to Al and Al and Gretchen I tie some pretty decent flies.
    My friend who got me into fly tying has given me a subscribtion the the mag every year. I definately like it.
    Al and Gretchen a big thank you my humpies now look like humpies and now my parachute hackle flies are much eaiser to tie and look better also. I think your tips should be put here on this site. Maybe they are I just haven't looked LOL

Hi group,

Thanks for the kind words. RE Posting article/tips here: Fly Tyer (and most other magazines) are for-profit organizations and they take a dim view on our giving away what they currently are selling. So you won't see us competing against them; they happen to be the guys writting the checks making them one of our bosses.

However our relationship here is different in that we are one of the many sponsors who write checks to FAOL so you all have a place to share ideas. Sorry, I hope you all understand why we can't post the information. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty
    www.btsflyfishing.com

Hey al not a problem I have collected every article you have written and keep it seperate because they have been so much help. Just wanted to make it known here what a great bunch of advise you have and where to find it so that other tiers who are just starting out as I am can get more out of their tying. Thanks again for all the help in your articles

+ Reply to Thread