Dear Board,

I saw this on a another internet board and I figured you folks might like to see it as well. Ignore the source and examine the idea. This is a matter that will require attention in the immediate future, like in about two weeks.

I'm going to cut and paste from a thread I saw elsewhere, but if you fish and boat in Pennsylvania, or if you have aspirations of doing so this proposed rule will directly affect you so it is worth commenting on.

"Dear Board,
I posted this on another message board I frequent and I was wondering what you folks thought of it?

" I need to ask a favor of all of you
Dear Board,

In the very near future the PA Fish and Boat Commission is going to propose that ALL people in boats 16 foot in length or shorter be required to wear a PFD at all times. It will be posted on their website under proposed rulemaking and public comment will be invited.

Please visit the site and tell them to quit trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Requiring mandatory PFD use on an electric motors only lake while in a 16 foot boat makes as much sense as requiring safety harnesses and climbing gear for ascending and descending a stair case. It's an infringement on the rights of the public to decide how they wish to live their their lives and will do nothing to solve the real problem of morons with no clue operating boats while intoxicated or in otherwise unsafe manners or conditions.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Tim Murphy "

For those of you in border States who fish Pennsylvania, or for those of you who may be considering a trip to Pennsylvania to fish I'd appreciate it if you would take the time to visit this website in the next couple of weeks and make you feelings known. Here is a link to the PA Fish and Boat Commission website. You need to look at proposed regulations and rulemaking.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Ex...8.htm

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Tim Murphy "

Best Wishes,
Avalon