+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Never Leave you 3yr old unattended on the water

Default Never Leave you 3yr old unattended on the water

this is him playing in the water...

this is him when I turned my back to release a fish
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/ ... 62485b.jpg

Default 3year old on water

Night Angler, Better start lockin up the good rods, leave the clunkers outLOL. Thats way kewl though. Whatcha gonna do when he starts outfishn you?

Glad it turned out well,

Never turn your back on a kid this young in the water! It only takes minutes to be swept away and
    or worse!

To sum it up you are right with your posts title

Be safe and enjoy your child!

Take care!

Steve Molcsan
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

You had me worried with your heading but joyed to see the youngster with a rod.
    This summer our family went camping and I set up a Spiderman bait casting rod for my 4 y/o son. As I was about to tie on the hook on my rod, he had already casted out some 15' (he practices in the yard) and said "the bobbin is moving away" casually. Wisely, I said "set the hook" as he looked at me like I spoke a foreign language. I reached for the rod but the catch was free. By 1/2 hr and 3 spots later, his bluegill score was 1:4 and three of the hooks were by his efforts. He was very proud to bring one to hand (so was his father).
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

The pics and story are great. So cool.

Not to put a damper, but to get serious, I can give you a better reason not to turn you backs on kids.

I have three kids. Well, now adults. Once fishing in a pond with about a three foot drop, my daughter caught a trout and flung it behind us a ways. Bear in mind she was about 6. I go back to get the fish off and don't know why but whirled around and no daughter.....I DOVE for the edge of the bank and slid my chest on the rocks and sand....a slid to the edge and peered over to find my daughter holding on to one weed with both hands and slowly slipping down the weed. I grabbed her arms and pulled her up. Sorta makes me chuckle now when I see the cartoons drawn similarly saying "never give up".

But the worst was swimming in a pool where the floor tailed away from the steps too fast. Me and wife and two boys ages approx 3-5 or maybe 4-6....are in the pool at the steps. TWO boys to watch and wife was on the steps and friend at the other end of pool. I turn around and see my oldest son standing on bottom with his arms reaching toward the top of the water! Which was at least 4 feet up from him! I dove down and got him, and it was so good and timely no harm done. I am paying attention to him and look around AND THE OTHER BOY is down at the bottom of the pool!
    Again a good outcome thank you God. But the realization of that incident.....kids cannot yell for help when they are under water! For you above water all seems well and it is nice and quiet. While there is trouble below. KIDS CANNOT DRAW YOUR ATTENTION WHEN THEY ARE DROWNING.

Sorry for length of post and hope it is ok to say it here.....and should not have been posted somewhere else. Just want to get the word out to be VERY careful swimming with kids or grandkids.

Sure did enjoy the pics and original thread. Keep that story for life man.

Again regrets if I done wrong.

Gemrod

Gemrod...

I know what you saying!!!

But I promised the wife before I ever take the boys fishing.. they would have to learn to swim first..
    Granted they are not the fastest and are ready to go to the olympics... but I fell safe to say if they were to fall in... I beleive the could swim out...

we have been taking the boys swimming ever since they were about 3 months old.. they are like fish in water!!

or never leave your dog unatended in the water. i told my jack russel tariear to stay on shore and usually he listens to me, i turn around to check on him, and he is chest high in the water. as i say MALCOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU ARE WALKING HOME. he jumps out of the water and sites of shore like nothing happened. all i could do is chuckle and shake my head

+ Reply to Thread