+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tight Budget Fly Rods- Free

Default Tight Budget Fly Rods- Free

I have two barely used Shakespeare 8.5' 5-6# graphite fly rods w/chipped cork handles. I'd love to see it go to one of you who knows a single-mom down the street w/a boy that you would like to introduce our wonderful sport to. Hopefully you can let them borrow a reel. These are entry level rods. Free- you pay shipping.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Very nice Quinn, hope it goes as you have it planned.

A very generous offer indeed Quinn.

Rocky

Quinn,
    You're doing a fine thing! I am anxious to follow this & read how it turns out. Thanks for another uplifting act from an FAOLer.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I think we need a 'recommendation' from one of our readers. There have been times when we have had outright 'begging' on here which I do not allow. So, now we need a couple of you guys to search your areas and try to help out Quinn.

When I first started out, I bought one of these rods because of their good price. On my third trip out, I found that transporting a rod between pools with its tip sticking out the van window w/automatic controls are NOT GOOD for rods- too much wind, windows up... crunch.
    I later found the same rods on sale and bought two just in case. Started working on blue collar bamboo rods a short time after so it's time to let a newby enjoy the graphite starters.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton

Steve154 has claimed (1) for a young boy he knows. He will be buying other items to complete a setup for this boy. Way to go Steve!

Again, I can't thank you enough. This is an unbelievably nice gesture of good will and kindness. The kid it is going to is 12. He lost his mother a few years back and lives with an uncle. I don't know where Dad is, but I met him at a pinic at my friends house, who is a karrate instructor and connected with the kid at one of his youth programs. He struck up a conversation with me about flyfishing when he saw my Sage hat. I promised to take him fishing and get a rig put together that he can use. I can't wait to see the look on his face when I give him his own. I can't wait!

Thanks again,

Steve

Very thoughtful gesture. No better way to keep a kid out of trouble than to teach them to fish. Well done guys.

I have a loomis graphite large arbor, green, with a 6 wt line. Not the best but serviciable. would go with the rod steve. Just email me where to send it. dan Gober fligi1@alltel.net

+ Reply to Thread