My face is red, reading all the great posts. Thank you all for your wonderful words. I do need to clear up a couple of misconceptions though.

Though I AM left handed, JC helped me to see that I am actually right eyed and I casted right handed in the contest. I DID NOT win the casting contest. Kaboom1 (Brad Sherrick) actually won the casting contest. He received a "best effort" ribbon.

I won the drawing for the Reddington rod! I was so floored when my number was actually drawn. I had jokingly teased Bill on the way to Gates that morning that it would be funny if I won it after having been given such a lovely rod the day before. (Thanks JC). When I did win, I actually felt a little guilty, like I was hogging all the cake at a party!

When we went to get my reel for the Reddington, I think Bill was more excited than I was. I got a green line to go with the color of my rod (how girly is that--it's the quilter in me, the color thing). We had a great time that day, however, we didn't get to go fishing after all. The fuel pump went out on the truck after we came home and it ended up in the shop on Monday! Oh well, maybe soon.
Jean