I got a nice little surprise this morning when I got to work. My share of the "bulk rods" purchased by a number of us finally arrived today. Let me tell you, I can hardly contain my excitement. Here is a picture of the scene lurking behind my desk at work.

So yeah, between peaking behind me to see if they are still there, and looking at each one over and over again; I'm not going to get any work done today! Some of you can look forward to a bunch of questions over on the rod building forum. I can't wait to try my hand at refurbishing, and learn a bunch of new stuff!

I also wanted to take a second and thank Joe Martin for all the time and hard work he put in to get this together. Joe has managed this rollercoaster ride beautifully - He really stuck with it to make this happen. Honestly Joe, I can't thank you enough. I hope that someday we can reunite some of these beauties on the water.

On another note. I know that some had been interested in possibly trading some rods. I would be willing to trade pretty much anything I received for a smaller rod (less than 8ft). I fish mostly small streams so something shorter would be nice. If you interested, check the list that Joe sent out and feel free to shoot me an email or PM. If not, no big deal because I certainly love what I have already! I can?t wait to hear how everyone else?s share turns out.

Andrew