Bait Casting on a 3 wt.

Well, went to the old company pond again this morning. Been rainin? in West Texas like an ole cow whizzing on a flat rock. Water running over the 1788 in Andrews County. Here he interjects a side note: Good luck opening day, damn, every year! Thought the rain would ?turn them babies on?!

Was I wrong, very dismal, very! Except for the first cast. Last week as you recall, it was the last cast. Break out the trusty Pearow 3wt, this week strung w/ true 3wt, WF-F line, not the 4wt I used in error thinking I was a big dog after hearin? y?all carry on about over lining. An aside here, also: Ya wanna catch bass, get Pearow to build ya a rod!

Make my first cast with a floating Black Fly, fly. Stripping in very slowly, light rain, did not see fly submerge. I did not feel the tiny perch that had decided to breakfast on my fly, but the big BUTT, Mr. Large mouth did. Yes, kiddies, again the week, Whoop, bop a loppa lum bam boom, THE FIGHT IS ON! Drug me up and down and into the weeds, stayed hung, got him out, made a line singing run, fought him back, had him on the beach when he spit the perch, flipped and back in the pond. GREAT SPORT! You should a seen the little perchy, DRT, ?Dead Right There?.

LIFE IS DANGEROUS!