our 15th wedding anniversary is next week. Last winter when i came home from the fly show with info on a lodge in Montana, my wonderful wife agreed to my wishes of flyfishing on our aniv. i do have to mention that i fished almost every day of our honey moon. and our tenth anniversary nancy sat on a rock reading a book for four days while i fished the ct. river in Pittsburg NH.
after searching and searching, we stayed with the original plan to stay at the lodge i found at the fly show. I could not make any reservations untill I heard back from a job interview. which took untill mid june. when i did call to set our dates the cabin we wanted for the first week of sept. was allready booked. the lodge did offer us a bigger cabin for the same price, but it was the last week of aug. not when we wanted to go. we love going in sept. when all the kids are back in school and such.
Nancy really liked the look of "THE LAKE HOUSE" with the farmers porch, and a lake on both sides of the "lake house" Now comes the problem..... I just recieved a letter from the lodge stating that they drained the lakes! saying they waited for the end of the season to do so.
You think they would have said something when i made my reservations and stated that my wife really wanted to stay at THE LAKE HOUSE and we waited untill the last week of the month , so we could stay in the LAKE HOUSE!
Now, do I try to find another place to stay, this late in the game. or do i stay at the lake house and look out at a couple of mud holes?????????
The flights booked, landing in Bozeman on the 23rd of Sept. the dogs booked for the kennel. were waiting to go.

sorry for the rant but , i did not need this right know......

I think I'm calling THE LODGE right now and see if i can wake someone up..........